Sunday, January 25, 2009

WE HAVE A NEW PASTOR!

Well, OK, as of March 1, we do. Our present pastor is resigning due to health reasons. A couple of weeks ago he recommended our associate pastor to take his place as pastor. Today we voted Bro. Paul as our new pastor. It was very exciting because the church voted unanimously, 100%, for him. A couple of months ago, I could see how this was all taking shape to become a reality. I wasn't sure how I felt about it all because in my mind, I thought we should "interview" at least a few candidates. But after discussing it all with my husband, when the time came I was completely at peace voting for him. Pastor Paul grew up in this church, and he knows all of us and most importantly he knows our needs and how to pray for us. I believe he loves everyone in our church and has a heart for our people. I have high hopes for our church's future! What an exciting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment