Saturday, August 20, 2011

Great Family Time!

Last weekend, we took a short trip. Robert and I have been talking for a while about doing this, but the time never presented itself until this past Sunday. We were driving home from church Sunday morning and he says let's go to Abilene. Ok, let's go! We went home, had a lunch, packed, and then we were on our way.
Why Abilene? Because there is a classic car lot that Robert has been wanting to take Josh to. We spent the night there and then got up and went to see the cars. Josh really enjoyed himself and took lots of pictures. He loves cars. And that is probably the understatement of the year! Of course I love the 1965 Mustang. Oh and there was the coolest Chevelle! I lost interest after those two cars, LOL!
We left there and decided to take a different way home and I sure am glad we did! It was a beautiful drive. Texas has some of the prettiest scenery even when there is no rain. I love living in such a beautiful place. We drove through Gorman, a very small town, but every business there had something to do with peanuts. And of course there were peanut crops on both sides of the highway.
The next stop was Dublin. That's right, time for a Dr Pepper! We went into the old time soda fountain cafe and they made the Dr Pepper right in front of us. It was yummy! We took a few pictures and we were off again.
We stopped in Hico for lunch. My family lived in Hico when I was in Kindergarten or the first grade. I was pretty young so I don't remember much. I wish I did because Hico is a cute little town! We ate lunch at a place called Jersey Lily's. The food was great. Robert had a hamburger and french fries, Josh had tacos, and I had nachos. After we finished our lunch, we took a walk through town. We went into a couple of shops including Billy the Kid museum. There was much more to see than Billy the Kid memorabilia. Some people believe that Billy the Kid died an old man in Hico, TX. Wouldn't that be something?!
We're off again. We made a stop in Meridian to take a few pics of the courthouse there. Robert loves old courthouses, so when we go through a town with one we always stop and take pictures.
We are homeward bound from Meridian! It was a wonderful day spent with my guys. We had enjoyed it very much. So much that Robert said we need to take a trip like this once a month.
I'm ready! Let's go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment